Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ripening regardless

A lost key for the entrance gate has prevented us from tending to the allotment while the Council organises a replacement. This is frustrating, as the apples are ready for harvesting, and other tasks await. Of course, since we have only recently taken over the allotment, the apples are hardly the fruit of our labour, but I would be sorry to lose them, particularly as I regard them as recompense, in the overall scheme of things, for the removal, by person or persons unknown, of my carefully-tended onions.

I'm not allowed to say anything yet, but there will be an important announcement tomorrow morning. Tune in to Radio Stoke news, from 7.30am...

3 Comments:

At 4:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds interesting - I feel sure can guess what it might be but I'll wait and see/ hear!

Where is your allotment? Do you know about Stokepan? Want to share some apples once you can pick them? (We've not got anything to offer in return though....)

 
At 1:53 am, Blogger Alec said...

No, I hadn't heard about Stokepan, but I like the sound of a local wholefood co-operative. If there are any apples left on the trees, you're welcome to some!

 
At 9:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that somebody has nicked your alliums - rotten show that....



well must be off - I've got to make tea - we're having onion soup.... snigger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home