Thursday, November 10, 2005

Flock

I've been using the Flock browser for the past week or so, and quite intensively, and can justify the time as part of my research for a College assignment.

So far, I really like it. At first I couldn't see much that sets it apart from Firefox, my normal browser, but I persevered. When I returned to the obvious starting point 13 things to do with Flock, I found that most of it now made more sense. I've used the Flickr and Blogging topbars which are both great.

The former shows thumbnails of photos in your Flickr account, and a forthcoming feature will allow the upload of photos by dragging them to this toolbar.

The latter shows recent post titles in your blog (though not all, for some reason) and a place to drag text or links to create a post with already-formatted block quotes. There is also a window called the Shelf, where you can drag text or links to store them for later blogging.

One improvement that I would like to see, however, is being able to tag favourites once for both Flock and del.icio.us.

The developers of Flock say that it is not yet ready for use as a main browser, as it is still only a developer version, but a more polished version is on its way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home