Wednesday, June 28, 2006

giving back just a little


This bee was lying on the kitchen floor yesterday, seemingly exhausted, possibly because it was a cool day. Lisa gave it some honey on a teaspoon, and eventually it flew away.

Technically, this is a very poor photograph. There was little light in the early evening and I was using a 300mm telephoto lens (on a macro setting) with a maximum aperture of 5.6, so the exposure was 1/6 of a second. I used a tripod, but couldn't find my cable release in time, so there is still some camera shake. I also failed to spot that the camera was still set at a low resolution and small file size from the stopmotion animation workshops a couple of weeks ago. All in all, a poor effort, and I've had to sharpen the image in Photoshop far more than I would like.

The experience has taught me an obvious but valuable photographic lesson - be prepared at all times - but I wanted to share the image despite its flaws.

Tags: | |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home