Thursday, August 25, 2005

I can see the future from here

Here's a long but fascinating article on the possible future of the Internet and Operating Systems. It seems like a sensible approach to me, though the relentless progress of Google (see its recent and very recent developments) now feels like an uncontrollable oil tanker. Personally, I'd like to see the least likely candidate, Mozilla, rise to fame and fortune, but I suspect that's just me favouring the underdog.

On a slightly different but related topic, written in a much more upbeat style, here's another article, focused on Yahoo and video over the Internet, though I'm sure its principles apply equally to other major players.

And while we're on the subject of the future, here's an equally fascinating article on a pilotless plane that can change the shape of its wings so that it can become highly manoeuverable. It's a shame, but not surprising, that it's the military behind this development. There's also a film showing the wings change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home