Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Visitor feedback, please

I mentioned a few days ago that I was working on some ease-in/out movement for my portfolio. Well, that stage is now complete. I'd be very grateful for some constructive criticism, to help me decide how to improve it. So please don't be polite for the sake of it. You'll be doing me a real favour by pointing out weaknesses. I have reservations about certain aspects, but I'll wait to see what reactions I get.

I've deliberately provided no instructions, because I want people to explore, but you may feel, for example, that at least some hint should be given (or possibly a lot).

A couple of notes: it's a Flash website, but I haven't yet put a 'loading' indicator on it, so you just get a blank black screen until it loads. When you explore, you'll be taken to different areas with 'Not Ready Yet' and a number. These are markers, where different pieces of work will be placed. I'm still trying to finalise the structure before inserting any pieces.

Finally, the location: www.alec-morrison.co.uk/interface5.html

Your contributions gratefully received. Be honest, please - I'm definitely not fishing for compliments!

5 Comments:

At 10:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Given it a try -
first prob the hyperlink is not correct
I found it myself I think but all I got it to do was to move heads around the page and settle back to position. Nothing took me off to another page at all.
Good start though - quite creepy and I like the heads.
Needs more on that page and best if all the heads don't take such straight routes back.

 
At 7:57 am, Blogger Alec said...

Thanks for your comments, Penny. That's really useful, especially about the straight line back to the start.

Until I start making improvements, try dragging one or more of the heads down towards the bottom of the photograph... (I've fixed the link.)

 
At 7:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Alec - tried again - link worked - and the heads get bigger and smaller as I move them around BUT sadly I did not taken to any new pages....
Tried in Explorer, Firefox
Nothing happens at all using Opera - there are no hands when I hover, just pointers.
Happy to keep trying when you think it's sorted but busy for 2 days so probably not til Sunday.

 
At 8:41 pm, Blogger Alec said...

Hmm, that's strange. It works fine with Firefox on my machine. I'll need to investigate.

I've started making alterations, and will post a new version in the next day or two. Thanks very much for your efforts. It really helps to get other people's views.

 
At 11:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the look and feel, and think I recognise the location, but aside from pulling the heads about the page I can't get it to do anything :<{

 

Post a Comment

<< Home