Thursday, February 16, 2006

Update


ood grief - I hadn't realised quite how long it's been since I last posted here. I haven't lost interest in the blog, just far too busy even to think about it. First there was the website to build for Xlither Films. I wouldn't have designed it like that myself, but the director had a clear idea of what he wanted, so I put it together for him, and enjoyed using Photoshop extensively. I also learned a fair bit in the process about slicing graphics and using parameters when incorporating Quicktime movies in .html pages.

There will be a few tweaks to the site in the next few days, but at least it's ready for the people in Hollywood to look at. The film which the site promotes, The Xlitherman, is currently in post-production, and it will be entered in European and American film festivals over the coming year.

Then there was my portfolio to complete in preparation for an interview for a work placement at Smiling Wolf in Liverpool. I really like much of the work they do, and it seems a small, pleasant company, so I'm delighted to say that I was offered the placement, and will start there towards the end of March for six weeks.

Finally there was the Interaction Design assignment to complete for college. The brief was free-ranging - all it asked for was a threee-level interface, with the choice of content left to us. I picked Another Place by Anthony Gormley, having visited it rececntly to take photographs with Penny and Tony. You can see their photos on their photoblog, and they've kindly given me a guest gallery displaying six of mine. I'll be putting more of my images up on my Flickr account in a short while.

Penny asked me to put the Anthony Gormley interface up on the web when it was complete, which I will do over the weekend. I know that I could improve it greatly in so many ways, but I'm at least pleased with the underlying structure.

1 Comments:

At 9:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting the placement....
look forward to seeing your Gormley projectx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home