Saturday, October 15, 2005

Casting shadows


A few weeks ago, I wrote about meeting April Young when I encountered her beautiful sculptures of leaping horses. Yesterday, I spent a delightful few hours photographing more of her horses as well as some of her unusual figures, ably assisted by April herself and her partner Steve. Some of these images will end up on her website, but in the meantime, have a look at the photos on my Flickr account.

April is a very talented lady, and I strongly encourage you to see her work for yourself. (And no, I'm not on commission!)

3 Comments:

At 2:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're right they are really good - I particularly like your photo that you've posted to your blog .

 
At 3:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup - terrific pics - are the sculptures in a gallery - is it possible to see them anywhere?
T

 
At 4:13 pm, Blogger Alec said...

T - April's work is in quite a few galleries, mostly in Scotland and the north of England just now. I've had a word with her, and she would be happy for you to visit her studio at the Hothouse in Longton. If you're interested, let me know and I'll put you in touch with her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home