Thursday, October 13, 2005

Michiko Koshino

At last, my latest website is complete (until I start revising it, that is). It was an assignment for College, supposedly creating a website for the fashion designer Michiko Koshino. I see that for some reason some of the gate numbers have slipped, which is quite bizarre. They weren't doing that yesterday and I don't see why they should start now, though I've just remembered that I allowed one of my fellow students to examine my Flash file. Perhaps he accidentally moved these elements? If so, it's easily corrected. Tomorrow I might tell you about the incident at Manchester aiport...

When I started this course, I was under the impression that when you design something, you come up with a few ideas, decide on one, then build it. This second year, however, has proved that the process is far more demanding than that. I kept producing what I thought were some pretty nifty ideas, but my tutor calmly and reasonably pointed out some fundamental flaws in each of them. I'm glad he thought my final approach was OK, as I don't think I could have produced any more.

I'm going to have to learn how to critique my own work more effectively. Next week, I'll hear my tutor's formal response to my final submission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home