Friday, September 30, 2005

Lost Contact with the Outside World

I've been trying to book tickets at the Gatehouse Theatre in Stafford all this week, but after a few rings I always get a recorded message telling me that the box office staff are busy. (No, I'm not telling you which events I'm trying to book for. I know you beggars - you'll phone up, get through, and buy the last tickets.)

I've also been trying and failing to phone Groundwork. At least the phone there just rings and rings, so you're not paying for the privilege of listening to the same message over and over again.

And the bin men came and went this week in a most mysterious way. Few people put rubbish out, as though the collection day had changed, but everyone's was removed as normal except ours.

It feels like the outside world has changed in some fundamental way, but nobody's told me about it. More on this tomorrow...

4 Comments:

At 4:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you going to see then? Mark Thomas?
I want to see him - get us tickets to when you get through?

 
At 5:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bet you're going to see Des O'Connor - we don't want your tickets.... we've got our own

 
At 5:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it is Mark Thomas - can you get us tickets, we will come with you?
T

 
At 10:05 am, Blogger Alec said...

No, it's not Mark Thomas... In fact, there are two events we want to go to, and I can tell you what they are now, since I finally got through.

An Evening with Germaine Greer next February, and, slightly less high-brow, an Evening with Nick Owen from BBC Midlands Today in November.

There seems to be plenty of seats left for both events, probably because it's so difficult to get through to the box office.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home