Saturday, November 19, 2005

Back to RSS


didn't check my RSS feeds yesterday, and when I opened up my aggregator today I was overwhelmed by the number of new feeds.

I currently subscribe to 62 feeds. About half of them had new items, some as many as thirty. In order to avoid using up too much of the morning, I had to skim the first lines, and ended up marking as read quite a few that I hadn't really taken in at all.

There seem to be three options here:

* keep up with the feeds every day, and preferably several times a day
* be prepared to spend a large amount of time catching up, or
* reduce the number of feeds

Another lesson for me: yesterday I put up my first post using a drop cap at the start. When I checked it in my RSS aggregator, the text started on a new line, ruining the effect.

I knew in theory that looking at content out of context could damage design. Now I have first hand experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home