Wednesday, November 23, 2005

New toys!


ew toys to play with, but infortunately they're not mine - a backdrop gantry with a huge roll of paper to create a smooth background, and studio floodlights complete with barn doors and umbrella reflectors.

I was taking some more photographs of April Young's work, which was great fun as usual, and playing with the new equipment was also a useful rehearsal for my forthcoming ten-second stop-motion animation project.

We were formally briefed yesterday on the animation assignment, and I'm rapidly revising my ideas. The claymation epic of the tragedy of Hamlet (poison! treachery! ghost! murder! revenge!) is now on hold. Instead, I'm thinking about changing to still photography, perhaps in the form of 2D cut outs, possibly combined with lurid 3D effects for the blood. So many possibilities, so many choices to make...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home