Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Lost


hose of you who have been following this blog from the early days (July 2005) or who have consulted the archives will know that the first few posts had some connection with loss, as befits the title. Somehow my intentions to continue that format didn't quite keep up with the material I found that I wanted to write about.

A couple of weeks ago, however, I followed up one of my potential subjects by borrowing 'Lost in Translation' on DVD from the library at college. Perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention, but I failed to see why it gathered such critical acclaim. I didn't even dislike it enough to write about it.

I also recently caught up with 'Lost' on Channel 4, now on episode 20 of 24, and found that I haven't missed anything by failing to watch many of the preceding attempts to create back stories for the characters. I will probably watch the final episode to discover the explanation for the castaways' predicament, though I won't be impressed if they all died in the original plance crash or if they've been abducted by aliens.

More on this tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home