Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Pixillation


oday's animation exercises used a technique called pixillation. This has nothing to do with jagged edges in jpeg images. Rather, it involves moving people and objects between frames.

Only five of us turned up this morning, one of whom wasn't interested in contributing ideas, so the rest of us had a good opportunity to take different roles - lighting, camera, image capture, directing. I took charge of making Shadow, though credit goes to Nick for suggesting the dramatic lighting.

This afternoon even fewer of us took advantage of the opportunity to experiment. As an initial trial for the swordfight scene in Hamlet, I made Fight and Slide. The final version will combine the two and refine the idea. Then, for a bit of fun, I made a final test shot all on my own, moving a table, some step ladders and a chair as well as the camera. It didn't work as well as I'd hoped, but it's all useful experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home