Thursday, May 18, 2006

worrying tendencies


f course, after deciding yesterday that I would do nothing, I went on to catch up with at least some of the many tasks waiting for me.

I should have anticipated yesterday's feeling of anti-climax. After all, it's happened when I've completed previous major assigments. Yesterday, however, was exacerbated by what I learned at the presentations the day before. I've been careful to avoid commenting much here about other students on my course, but today I'm going to abandon that restraint.

Two out of the nine other remaining students didn't turn up at all, and two more failed to provide any visual material. For a visuals-based course, that's appalling, and also short-sighted, since the presentation is worth 30% of the mark for that module.

One of these ill-prepared students and another both confessed that their work-based placements hadn't been successful because they'd been too lazy to get out of bed. I sat there fuming to myself, remembering getting up at 5.30 five days a week, spending £20 a day to travel two hours each way to Liverpool, and working a full day in the studio for no pay. We lived in a paper bag and still had change from sixpence.

What is up with these people? Do they have no idea? Am I turning into a Daily Mail reader? (Please, no.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home