Thursday, December 22, 2005

Minor Oracles


short while ago, I wrote about anagrams of my name. Lisa posted a comment with anagrams of hers, which she had generated at Wordsmith. I particularly liked 'A bald jeer ruins' and 'A bra rends Julie'. You could rearrange the latter so that Julie is the one doing the rending, but that would lose its surreal quality.

I ran my name through the anagram finder, and came up with a lot more that would never have occurred to me. My favourites are:

- Minor oracles
- Moronic earls
- Marine colors (yes, I know, it's the American spelling)
- Racoon smiler
- Romancer oils
- Moraliser con
- A slim crooner (could also be coroner)

The anagram creator generates literally hundreds of possibilities, some of them rather weak, but there is an advanced option where you can control the results, such as specifying the maximum number of words or the minimum number of letters in a word.

Here are just a few of the rest for my name:

- A limo scorner
- A micro loser
- No calories Mr
- Ion clamorers
- Or iron camels
- O corneal rims
- No mica sorrel
- Or manic roles
- Masonic Errol
- Colorman rise
- Miser on coral
- Corral monies
- Re social morn
- Cram snore oil
- Or acorn slime
- Car rinse loom
- Realism croon
- I scorn morale
- Or sonic realm
- Seminar color

I could spend a lot of time at that site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home