Friday, May 19, 2006

the magic of twilight


'm glad I got yesterday's rant off my chest, but now I'll return to more pleasant topics. There's a lot to catch up on from the last fortnight or so.

Lisa and I went for an evening walk to Central Forest Park recently as we sometimes do, though on this occasion it was slightly later than usual, and the sky was nearly dark. A few dog-walkers and skateboarders were still around, and there was a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.

We wandered down to the lake and followed the path round behind it, past the mysterious new large shapes wrapped in black tarpaulin. (My guess is 'public art' about to be unveiled, but let's hope my fears are not confirmed.)

Anyway, at one point, the path nips through the narrow space between the lake and a group of trees. As we entered this short stretch, we suddenly found ourselves among bats flying back and forth, feeding off the insects. It was such a constricted space that the bats flew very close, sometimes only inches away. We stood, entranced, for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home